Saturday, July 21st and Sunday, July 22nd, 2018
10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Repointing is the process of removing deteriorating mortar from the joints of a masonry wall (brick or stone) and replacing it with new mortar.
The decision to repoint is usually made to arrest some obvious signs of deterioration such as disintegrating mortar, loose bricks, cracks in mortar joints themselves, damp walls, or damaged interior plaster.
Properly executed, repointing restores the visual and physical integrity of the masonry.
Improperly executed repointing not only detracts from the appearance of your home, but may, in fact, cause physical damage to the masonry units themselves if the appropriate mortar is not used.
- This professional intensive covers all aspects of repointing brick and stone on an older home, including how to inspect for possible damage.
- The student will learn how to remove mortar, replace spalled or broken bricks, repoint stonework, remove unsympathetic Portland cement and mix correct mortar mixes.
- Finishing and tooling techniques will also be examined.
- The workshop is very hands-on, and the student will get the chance to try many of the topics covered.
- You will complete this professional intensive with the tools and knowledge to tackle a small or even large repointing project.
There is very limited space, and the workshop fills-up fast… claim your spot in this very interactive professional intensive today.
Located at the Edifice Atelier Oxford Campus, just 5 minutes west of Cambridge, Ontario
867395 Township Rd 10, Bright, ON N0J 1B0
Dr Christopher Cooper, Master Restoration & preservation Expert…
Full payment is due upon booking your place, remember this course sells out very quickly. There are no reduced rates for couples. However, large groups (6 or more attendees) can be discounted at the Edifice Atelier’s discretion.
The Edifice Atelier reserves the right to cancel any courses. Deposits and fees will be returned in full should this happen.
As this workshop fills up quickly and is on a first come first serve basis our cancellation policy is to provide credit for another workshop time of same value if you cannot attend.